Buddle Findlay: Tech Deal Series Webinar - M&A
This session will explore market practice, common issues and potential pitfalls in tech M&A. Buddle Findlay will share insights from working on both sides of deals. This event is aimed at founders, venture capitalists and other investors, and strategic acquirers. Presenters will cover:
• An overview of the Tech M&A transaction timeline
• Negotiating the term sheet
• Deal terms, including:
- purchase price (cash, acquirer equity, earn outs, holdback / escrow)
- risk allocation and value protection (warranties, indemnities, limitations, etc)
- warranty and indemnity insurance
- employee / executive equity (close out of existing schemes, and structuring go-forward incentives – including commentary on tax implications).
As part of this we’ll take a look at the Atlassian Term Sheet, published by Atlassian last year as its ‘fair’ term sheet.
Founders and investors, this is an opportunity to start preparing for your exit. Acquirers, come along to get insights into how to structure your tech acquisitions. Join us and bring your questions and experiences.
PRESENTERS: Steve Nightingale - Partner, Tony Wilkinson - Partner, Amy Cunniffe - Senior Associate
DATE: Friday, 31 July
REGISTER FOR WEBINAR