Buddle Findlay: Tech Deal Series Webinar - Capital Raising
This session will explore market practice, common issues and potential pitfalls of capital raising for high-growth tech companies. Buddle Findlay will share insights from working on both sides of deals. This event is aimed at founders, angel investors, venture capitalists and other investors. Presenters will cover:
• Negotiating the term sheet
• Deal terms, including:
- investment and valuation (pre-money/post-money)
- preference shares
- ESOPs and how to account for them
- board appointments and decision-making powers
- IP protection including restraints of trade
- shareholder agreements
• Regulatory considerations.
For founders this is an opportunity to understand the key features of venture finance and put your best foot forward with potential investors. For investors this is an opportunity to get insights into current market practice.
TOPIC: VC Term Sheets
PRESENTERS: Steve Nightingale - Partner, Amy Cunniffe - Senior Associate, Emma Geard - Solicitor
DATE: Monday, 27 July 2020
REGISTER FOR WEBINAR