Accounting for Non-Accountants - two day course
Are you engaged in a finance related role or managing a small business of your own and feel you need to broaden your financial understanding to make smarter commercial decisions? Then we have the programme for you!
Development West Coast in partnership with New Zealand Institute of Management and Leadership, presents the Accounting for Non-Accountants two-day programme.
DATE: Thursday, 19 September & Friday, 20 September
VENUE: Tai Poutini Polytechnic - Conference room - 73-87 Tainui Street, Greymouth
PRICE: $750 + GST. This workshop is registered with the Management Capability Development Voucher Fund. Find out more by contacting DWC or visiting www.regionalbusinesspartners.co.nz
- Develop your understanding of the financial structure of a business
- Read and comprehend a Balance Sheet
- Explain what profit is and how it is calculated
- Understand and apply ratio analysis to interpret data
- Learn how to manage depreciation more effectively
- Manage cash flow and budgeting with greater accuracy
- Analyse and interpret accounts for better forecasting
- Contribute knowledgeably to your commercial objectives
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP:
This is a practical workshop, designed to help understand budgets and the financial state of your business. We work from real life examples to show planning and forecasting, effectively giving a better insight into your financial position.
No technical knowledge is required for this workshop, all that is required is the enthusiasm to have a better understanding of financial statements.
Brian Soutar is a Chartered Accountant with a wealth of experience and sound practical knowledge, training and facilitating numerous workshops for both business and commercial entities.