New Zealand businesses at COVID-19 Alert Level 2.
At Alert Level 2, most businesses can open but must operate safely.
Golden Rules for businesses at Alert Level 2.
Do everything you can to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission at work — we all have a part to play in keeping each other safe.
• COVID-19 is still out there. Play it safe.
• All businesses can operate if they can do so safely. Alternative ways of working are still encouraged where possible.
• Talk with your workers to identify risks and ways to manage them.
• Ask everyone, workers, contractors and customers, with cold or flu-like symptoms to stay away from your premises.
• Keep groups of customers 1 metre apart.
• Keep contact-tracing records of anyone who will have close interaction (workers, contractors or customers).
• Reduce the number of shared surfaces, and regularly disinfect them.
• Wash your hands. Wash your hands. Wash your hands.
More information about Level 2.
Further information and resources.
Business.govt.nz provides high-level details on what workplace activities are permitted at different alert levels. This includes:
Online business directory.
A popup online business directory of West Coast businesses operating during COVID-19 has been developed in a collaboration between EPIC Westport, Tai Poutini Polytechnic and DWC.
COVID-19 Business Resources and Information
General resources: COVID-19 (New Zealand Government)
Financial support: Wage subsidies (Work and Income)
Small business resources: Coronavirus: Information for businesses (business.govt.nz)
Tax information: Tax relief – COVID-19 (Inland Revenue)
Exporters/Importers: COVID-19 – Information for exporters (New Zealand Trade and Enterprise)
Māori Businesses: Support for Māori Businesses (Beehive)
Workplace response: Workplace response to coronavirus (Employment New Zealand)
Workplace preparedness: Workplace preparedness for novel coronavirus (COVID-19) (WorkSafe New Zealand)
Privacy: Is it okay to tell other employees that a colleague is sick? (Privacy Commissioner)
Redundancy information: Coronavirus: Redundancy information for employers - PDF (Work and Income)
Immigration: Coronavirus update: INZ’s response (Immigration New Zealand)
Travel: Novel coronavirus, China (COVID-19) (SafeTravel - MFAT)
Tourism: Coronavirus – Information for industry (Tourism New Zealand)
Accommodation sector: COVID-19 - Information for hotels and hotel staff (Ministry of Health)
Hospitality: COVID-19 guidelines (Hospitality NZ)
Health: Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) (Ministry of Health)
Landlords/tenants: COVID-19 – what landlords and tenants need to know (Tenancy Services)
Education sector: Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) (Ministry of Education)
Google My Business: GMB essentials during COVID-19 (PDF: 328KB)
|COVID-19 business support.|