DWC is bringing community governance training to the West Coast.
This one-day introductory community governance workshop is facilitated by Richard Westlake and Vaughan Renner of Westlake Governance and is designed for not-for-profit and community organisations.
DWC Programme Coordinator Rachel Doolan says the workshop is ideal for any community organisation, including sporting, cultural and business organisations, looking to improve their governance capabilities.
“Attending the programme will help you understand the key roles and responsibilities of the board and individual directors. You will learn about board relationships, good processes and decision making, and the important elements for operating an effective board.
“Richard and Vaughan will also discuss the pressures and conflicts that arise when governing in a small community.”
• What governance is (and isn’t)
• The role of the board and management (often the same people)
• Getting to good decisions - boardroom behaviour and dynamics
• The board and finance
• The board’s role in strategy
• The board’s role in identifying and overseeing risk
• Stakeholder influence and communication.
Date: 6 November 2020
Venue: Westport Bridge Club